Friday 9 September 2011

NUDGE

I thought a collection of photos of my (sewing) works in progress would nudge me in the finishing direction, so here we have, in no particular order:

Dudley, from a pattern by Melly and Me. I only started him a couple of days ago. It's taking a lot longer than I thought, mainly because the turning is a pain, so I stop after doing a little bit at a time, but he is rather cute so worth the bother.


This little deer has a very cute tail. He is mostly finished, just have to deal with that hanging thread...


... and sew his right ear on, which is currently just sitting in its slot.


Eva jelly roll quilt. I shouldn't have started this, having a few other unfinished quilts, but I was wanting something simple that involved no matching of points. It would be simpler if the strips in the jelly roll were straight, but still better than points.



Two cushion covers in the making, with Glace fabric from Moda. I ordered a turnover of the fabric, and had to play with it soon after, and having decided what to do with it, couldn't resist starting at least.


Hexagon quilt, from a pattern in AP&Q magazine. This is all hand sewing at night in front of the tv, so it's perfectly alright to have started this one with other unfinished items on the go.


Dream Big quilt, from Simplify by Camille Roskelley. I started this in mid July, so haven't done too badly getting this far. Need to buy some batting to finish this one, and am thinking of hand quilting, so need some thread for that, which I can't buy locally (unfortunately).


Max and Whiskers quilt. This was meant to be a Christmas present for my nephew. Now I'm contemplating the next quilt for him instead, and saving this for his birthday. Borders will be black. I've got the fabric, just not done it yet.


Finally, what I am calling the Doggy bag quilt, because it's made of the leftovers from the quilt above it. I really like this one and though it's meant for my nephew, I may end up keeping it for him to use when he visits me :)

So, now I feel bad (particularly as there is one more in the cupboard which I just couldn't be bothered getting out to photograph) because I have so many almost finished items. I should decide on a finish order and get them done. It's nice to have a bit of variety when sewing though.

2 comments:

suzitee said...

So many beautiful UFOs Hope...where do I start? I love love love the Dream Big quilt....the colours and the pattern are gorgeous, and it's sooooooo close to finished! Your little softies are cute...don't think one single hanging thread counts though...it's finished! LOL The Max&Whiskers projects are really lovely...I couldn't bear to give them away :) The cushion covers are close too...GET SEWING!!!!!!!!!(and so will I LOL P.S what's hiding in your cupboard?

mandysea said...

These are sooo beautiful! You are really clever. One day I'm going to find the time to do this!!