Wednesday 17 October 2012

Darting Birds

One more Farmers Wife Sampler block complete, Darting Birds. This one was going very well, until it came to attaching the 'birds' to each other. I had trouble with one point in particular, and ended up calling  it done after several unpicking sessions, though I was not 100% thrilled with it.

Here is the block:


It is a bit wonky in places, but oddly ended up nice and square...  

And because I hadn't laid them out in a while, here are all my blocks to date:


Having them all laid out like this makes me wonder about doing a couple of smaller quilts, rather than the queen size I was planning. Still plenty of time to decide. :)

1 comment:

suzitee said...

Wow...they look fantastic all together! I feel your pain with Darting Birds, but I gave up in the end...well, for now, anyway :) It's hard to decide how big to go with FW...I'm sure whatever you decide will be awesome!