Monday 22 June 2009

It's a Girl


I got some new stamps on sale a couple of days ago and had a play last night. This is a very simple card, but I like it. The stamps are Christina Re Paper Chic by Grant Archival. They were super cheap, but they are beautiful. The paper in the background is Basic Grey Two Scoops, and the little butterfly is cut from some Kaiser Flutterby paper.

I made this quite quickly, which is unusual for me. I normally play with layout quite a bit, but this just all happened without playing at all. I'm kind of wishing I'd stitched around the edges of the patterned paper though. I did some dashed lines in white pen, but they're not really noticeable. You can see them better if you click the image for a larger version though.

(When did dashed lines become 'faux stitching'? I've been doing it since I was at school as extra decoration on the edge of things, and never thought of it as stitching. I think lots of simple things are given fancy names in the world of art and craft)

No comments: